UN General Assembly Conversation Hosted by the Population Council's GIRL Center
This conversation will focus on innovative approaches that are showing promise in girls' education and key evidence gaps.
Experts will engage in a lively discussion about cutting-edge strategies that may boost educational outcomes for girls, leveraging research and evaluation to inform policies and programs, and filling the data gaps in girls' education.
- David Evans, Lead Economist, Chief Economist's Office for the Africa Region—World Bank
- Dasmine Kennedy, Assistant Chief Education Officer, Educational Planning Unit—Ministry of Education, Jamaica; Echidna Global Scholar—Brookings Institution
- Albert Motivans, Head of Data and Insights—Equal Measures 2030
- Thoai Ngo, Director of the GIRL Center; Program Director, Poverty, Gender, and Youth—Population Council
- Stephanie Psaki, Associate II, Poverty, Gender, and Youth—Population Council
This interactive UNGA side event will be hosted by the Population Council’s new Girl Innovation, Research, and Learning (GIRL) Center, a new global research and thought leadership hub that generates, synthesizes, and translates evidence on adolescent girls.
The event will also be livestreamed on our Facebook page starting at 10am September 13th.