Girl-Centered Program Design: A Toolkit to Develop, Strengthen & Expand Adolescent Girls Programs
Section 2: Determining Program Structure (PDF; lower-resolution PDF)
Chapter 3: Core Elements of the Safe Spaces Model—"Creating the Pot"
Chapter 4: Recruitment—How Do You Get the Girls You Want into Your Program
Chapter 5: Leadership Development and Mentoring
Chapter 6: Working with Families and Critical Adults
Section 3: Determining Program Content (PDF; lower-resolution PDF)
Chapter 7: The Asset Building Approach
Chapter 8: Economic Strengthening Programming
Chapter 9: Reproductive Health and HIV Information & Clinical Services
Chapter 10: Addressing Sexual and Gender Based Violence
Chapter 11: Reaching Extremely Vulnerable Groups of Adolescent Girls
Tools presented in the toolkit are available as Word documents:
- Chapter 1: Sample coverage exercise
- Chapter 2: Cash flow tool; Community safety mapping tool; "A day in the life" tool; Ranking tool
- Chapter 3: Safety scan tools
- Chapter 5: Sample schedule for training of trainers
- Chapter 6: Sample agenda for parent meeting; Sample topic guide for focus group discussion with parents
- Chapter 7: Asset cards (version 1, version 2); Asset list; Asset timeline
- Chapter 10: Preparedness worksheet for responding to SGBV
- Chapter 12: Intake register questions; Sample meeting/activity log; Sample intake register 1; Sample intake register 2
- Chapter 13: Evaluation planning worksheet; Sample program evaluation form; Sample asset measuring questions; Sample training participant evaluation form
To request a hard copy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For 60 years, the Population Council has changed the way the world thinks about important health and development issues. Explore an interactive timeline of the Council's history, learn more about some of our key contributions, and watch a short video about why your support is so important to us.