What’s the Role of Men and Boys in the Gender Equality Movement?
As the #MeToo movement continues to dominate global headlines and SDG 5 to achieve gender equality by 2030 seems out of reach, many are asking: what role should men and boys have in this work? Some advocate for programming that engages men and boys in gender equality efforts. Others worry about diverting limited resources and diluting messaging. Is it a zero-sum equation? Hear leaders discuss—even debate—these questions and more.
- Katja Iversen, President/CEO, Women Deliver (Moderator)
- Gary Barker, President & CEO, Promundo
- Judith Bruce, Senior Associate and Policy Analyst, Population Council
- Elizabeth Nyamayaro, Senior Advisor to United Nations Under-Secretary-General, UN Women
- Dakshitha Wickremarathne, Co-Founder, Youth Advocacy Network Sri Lanka
TIME: 1:30 PM - 2:45 PM
LOCATION: Lecture Theatre 4