Billions of dollars are poured into programs and policies to improve the lives of adolescent girls every year. But how do we know that those investments actually work? And what do we do if they don't? Too often, we focus on promoting successes and we miss the opportunity to learn from failure.
Join the Population Council's GIRL Center on the sidelines of the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly as we bring together a diverse panel of experts to share examples of failure and discuss how the world's reticence to use and deploy evidence and, in particular, our reticence to learn from failure, is failing adolescent girls. Dr. Xiaodong Lin-Siegler, Director of Columbia University’s EPIC center, a new research center studying failure as a catalyst for innovation and success, will provide the keynote.
Other speakers include:
- Stephanie Psaki, Director, GIRL Center, Population Council
- Ann Blanc, Vice President, Social and Behavioral Science Research, Population Council
- Manjula Singh, Director of Programmes, India, Children's Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF)
- Nadia Naviwala, Senior Advisor, The Citizens Foundation
- Bitania Lulu Berhanu, Program Designer, Adolescents 360, PSI Ethiopia