Every other year since 2009, the International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP) has brought together the family planning community to share best practices, celebrate successes, and chart a course forward.
The ICFP serves as a strategic inflection point for the family planning and reproductive health community worldwide. It provides an opportunity for political leaders, scientists, researchers, policymakers, advocates, and youth to disseminate knowledge, celebrate successes, and identify next steps toward reaching the goal of enabling an additional 120 million women to access voluntary, quality contraception by 2020.
The ICFP also serves as an international platform from which countries, organizations and individuals can make public commitments to family planning, and can be recognized for their achievements. Dozens of side events are organized around the conference by many institutions and groups from around the world.
Side Event: Delivering Contraceptive Choice, Convenience, and Control
Sunday, 11 November | 6:00–8:30 pm
Kigali Convention Center, Meeting Room AD-12
Each year, an estimated 85 million pregnancies are unplanned worldwide. Providing women with a range of contraceptive options that better meet their family planning needs helps reduce unintended pregnancy and improves outcomes.
On the eve of the 2018 International Conference on Family Planning, the Population Council and partners will host a dynamic discussion on the promise and progress of introducing new contraceptive methods globally, and what comes next. For more than 60 years, the Population Council has been a leader in developing and introducing new contraceptive technologies, including six contraceptive technologies being used by more than 170 million women around the world.
- Julia Bunting, President, Population Council
- Michelle Hindin, Program Director, Reproductive Health, Population Council
- Harriet Birungi, Senior Associate and Kenya Country Director, Population Council
- Patrick Aboagye, Director of Family Health, Ghana Health Service
- Vijay Paulraj, Reproductive Health and Family Planning Advisor, USAID India Mission
- Erika Martin, Senior IS, Office of Population and Reproductive Health, USAID
- Nomi Fuchs-Montgomery, Deputy Director, Family Planning Program, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Please join the Population Council at the sessions listed in the calendar below (printable schedule) or visit our booth (#9 and 10) during the conference