The Population Council is co-hosting a seminar series exploring the links between people and their environments in our fast-changing global landscape. Convened in partnership with the Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN) at Columbia University, the CUNY Institute for Demographic Research (CIDR), and the UN Population Division, this seminar series will feature key experts from the fields of demography, climate and public health sharing insights on their interdisciplinary work to measure and solve climate related challenges.
Upcoming events will be posted soon.
- December 11, 2019 - Urbanization at Risk: Population Exposure in the Low Elevation Coastal Zone, 1990-2015
- May 31, 2019 - Population on the Global Commons: New Perspectives
- April 30, 2019 - Multiscale Population Projections for the US Consistent with Climate Scenarios
- September 13, 2018 - New Data on Urbanization and Potential Environmental Impacts on Cities
- May 11, 2018 - Climate Change and Socio-demographic dynamics in Mexico
- March 20, 2018 - Modeling the Potential Impacts of Climate Change on Population Distribution and Migration
- February 23, 2018 - Lessons from DesInventar: A Critical Look at the Performance of Disaster Databases