The Population Council is co-hosting a seminar series exploring the links between people and their environments in our fast-changing global landscape. Convened in partnership with the Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN) at Columbia University, the CUNY Institute for Demographic Research (CIDR), and the UN Population Division, this seminar series will feature key experts from the fields of demography, climate and public health sharing insights on their interdisciplinary work to measure and solve climate related challenges.
RSVP to our upcoming events:
Population on the Global Commons: New Perspectives
May 31, 2019
Sir Partha Dasgupta FBA FRS (Frank Ramsey Professor Emeritus of Economics, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge) will speak at Population Council on the "tragedy of the commons," which is an expression of the externalities associated with a failure of societies to price a scarce good.
One Dag Hammarskjold Plaza
New York, NY 10017
- April 30, 2019 - Multiscale Population Projections for the US Consistent with Climate Scenarios
- September 13, 2018 - New Data on Urbanization and Potential Environmental Impacts on Cities
- May 11, 2018 - Climate Change and Socio-demographic dynamics in Mexico
- March 20, 2018 - Modeling the Potential Impacts of Climate Change on Population Distribution and Migration
- February 23, 2018 - Lessons from DesInventar: A Critical Look at the Performance of Disaster Databases